Zipp 858 Carbon Clincher Rear Road Wheel 700c – Rear – Campagnolo
Radical By Design. Evolutionary By Nature.
With the introduction of the radical biomimicry-derived 454 NSW Carbon Clincher, Zipp proved that aero efficiency and crosswind stability are not mutually exclusive aero wheel design goals. Using a similar Sawtooth rim design, the 858 NSW wheelset goes 24 millimetres deeper than the 454 and delivers even greater gains in aero efficiency while providing a level of rider control in crosswinds that was previously unthinkable with conventional deep-section wheel designs. By eliminating concerns over control, the 858 NSW ushers in a new era where aerodynamically efficient deep-section wheels are no longer a race-day-only option—they’re everyday wheels. Adding to the 858’s versatility, its lightweight and laterally stiff rim imparts a level of responsiveness previously only attributed to much shallower wheels, keeping bike handling lively and quick. The 858 delivers the best braking available thanks to our NSW-exclusive Showstopper brake track found on the rim brake version of the 858 NSW. Designed for road or triathlon applications, the 858 NSW’s advanced aero efficiency, crosswind stability, responsive handling, and unrivalled braking are engineered to make what was once impossible… possible.
Things To Remember
- Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes
- Rim depth of 77/82mm
- Cognition™ hubset
- Axial Clutch™ technology
- ImPress™ graphics
- HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern
- Handcrafted in the USA
Features And Benefits
- Showstopper™ technology delivers greater stopping power in wet conditions than any carbon wheel ever produced.
- 858 NSW rolls efficiently whether you are pedalling or coasting. Our Axial Clutch technology allows the freehub’s ratcheting mechanism to deliver half the mechanical drag of conventional three-pawl hubs.
- The patented biomimetic 77/82mm-deep rim shape simultaneously reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force for the ultimate in AeroBalance.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Rim – inside width: 17mm
- Compat – Tire: Clincher Tube
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Cassette Compatibility: Campagnolo, SRAM/Shimano Road, SRAM XDR
- Axle type (Wheels): QR 130
- Colour (Decal): Impress
- Driver Mechanism: Axial Clutch
- Spoke count: 18, 24
- Spoke type: CX-Ray – Black
- Bearings: Cartridge – Stainless Steel
- Nipple material: Aluminium
- Rim finish: UD fiber, Impress technology
- Rim section: Asymmetrical
- Spoke pattern: 2 Cross