Zipp 858 Carbon Clincher Centre Lock Disc Brake Rear Road Wheel 700c Campagnolo | QR | 12x142mm
Radical By Design. Evolutionary By Nature.
With the introduction of the radical biomimicry-derived 454 NSW Carbon Clincher, Zipp proved that aero efficiency and crosswind stability are not mutually exclusive aero wheel design goals. Using a similar Sawtooth rim design, the 858 NSW wheelset goes 24 millimetres deeper than the 454 and delivers even greater gains in aero efficiency while providing a level of rider control in crosswinds that was previously unthinkable with conventional deep-section wheel designs. By eliminating concerns over control, the 858 NSW ushers in a new era where aerodynamically efficient deep-section wheels are no longer a race-day-only option—they’re everyday wheels. Adding to the 858’s versatility, its lightweight and laterally stiff rim imparts a level of responsiveness previously only attributed to much shallower wheels, keeping bike handling lively and quick. Designed for road or triathlon applications, the 858 NSW’s advanced aero efficiency, crosswind stability, responsive handling, and unrivalled braking are engineered to make what was once impossible… possible.
Things To Remember
- Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes
- Rim depth of 77/82mm
- Cognition™ hubset
- Axial Clutch™ technology
- ImPress™ graphics
- HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern
- Handcrafted in the USA
Features And Benefits
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes.
- 858 NSW rolls efficiently whether you are pedalling or coasting. Our Axial Clutch technology allows the freehub’s ratcheting mechanism to deliver half the mechanical drag of conventional three-pawl hubs.
- The patented biomimetic 77/82mm-deep rim shape simultaneously reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force for the ultimate in AeroBalance.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Rim – inside width: 17mm
- Compat – Tire: Clincher Tube
- Brake compatibility: Disc (Center Lock)
- Cassette Compatibility: Campagnolo, SRAM XD-R, SRAM/Shimano Road
- Axle type (Wheels): Conversion Caps included
- Colour (Decal): Impress
- Driver Mechanism: Axial Clutch
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke type: CX-Ray – Black
- Bearings: Cartridge – Stainless Steel
- Nipple material: Aluminium
- Rim finish: UD fiber, Impress technology
- Rim section: Asymmetrical
- Spoke pattern: 2 Cross