Garmin Edge 830 GPS Cycle Computer
Who cares that the Edge 830 touchscreen cycling computer offers dynamic performance monitoring and insights to help you improve? You do. So, whether you’re a podium finisher, Kona qualifier, gravel grinder, straight-shaven, urban pedaler, dirt ball or somewhere in between, Edge 830 is ready to roll as your new riding partner.
Performance GPS cycling computer with mapping and touchscreen
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more1
- Cycling safety features2 include new bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, incident detection and compatibility with Varia™ rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing — which helps you ride like a local — plus on-device route creation, off-course recalculation and back to start; mountain biking model has integrated Trailforks data, including trail difficulty ratings
- Customise with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ™ Store
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time as well as Grit, a measure of the ride’s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you have a score to beat next time
- Battery life: up to 20 hours with GPS; extendable up to 40 hours with the optional Garmin Charge™ power pack or in battery save mode
Take your training to the next level
Edge 830 goes beyond data collection — providing dynamic performance insights that can help you beat your best. See how your body is holding up in different environments with heat and altitude acclimation1. Get in-ride notifications when it’s time to hydrate or eat. See if your most recent training was balanced in terms of endurance, threshold and high-intensity efforts. When paired with compatible Garmin sensors, Edge 830 even calculates power curve, a new power tracking metric that compares your ride effort to your previous weeks and months. No matter where you train, you can sync structured workouts from TrainingPeaks™ and our online fitness community, Garmin Connect™, right to your Edge. You can also view your upcoming training for the week and launch into the relevant workout seamlessly when required.
Ride with confidence
Whether you’re training with riding buddies or commuting to work, your Edge 830 device takes safety seriously. It allows for group messaging and tracking, so you can stay in touch when you get separated from the pack2. It also has incident detection, which automatically sends your location to emergency contacts if it detects an incident. For even more awareness, pair Edge 830 with our Varia rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen. And the new PIN-protected bike alarm will notify you on your smartphone if your bike is moved while you’re inside getting water or making a pit stop.
Navigate every turn
Edge 830 is preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map, including turn-by-turn directions and navigation alerts that notify you of upcoming turns. Use the bright, responsive touchscreen to create new rides and courses right on the Edge device. To help you ride like a local, popularity routing chooses from the roads and trails most travelled by fellow cyclists. Edge 830 is smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early. With route calculation speeds 2 times faster than previous models, you’ll spend more time riding, not waiting around.
In The Box:
Flush out-front mount
Mountain bike mount
Flush out-front mount
Heart rate monitor